1.01.2007

If less were more it would be called less, not more!

While nervous energy abounds, I find myself less concerned than the outcome of my interview than I was before. While I knew that I would BE interviewed for the position, the simple acknowledgement of that seems to have helped my concerns. I'm flying to Houston on Friday morning for a 3:00 interview time.

Why am I less concerned about the outcome? I don't know for sure, but I think it is a quiet confidence in my own abilities to interview well coupled with my own assuredness of my readiness to take on this next challenge in my career. In my first 21 months as a manager I have managed to lead the store to breaking sales and profit records and then shattering my own records twice over. In doing all of that, I've still maintained one of the most engaged and happy teams in the company.

My prediction is that what I have accomplished will not be a matter of discussion. More emphasis will be placed on and time spent on HOW I've accomplished these things and how I would adapt that methodology to a multi-unit setting. I think one of my strongest attributes as a leader is how positive I am. When you lift a team's confidence in itself and allow it to flourish, success happens on its own. It isn't really about what I can do; it is about enabling them to do what they can do. That is the secret.


Perhaps I'm subconsciously practicing for my interview? LOL

No comments: